The policy notifies you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through Telelab, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data;
- The security procedures in place to protect your information;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Data Collection, Use, and Sharing
The Institute for Future Intelligence (IFI) is the sole owner of the information collected by Telelab. When you sign in with Google or Facebook account, they will provide your information, including your name, email, and other profile data that are used to automatically set up your account with Telelab. With such an account, you receive the benefit of accessing the resources we provide through Telelab, such as participating in a live experiment, access experimental data, and store your experiments in the cloud. While you are using these services provided by Telelab, we may also collect usage data to support our research on how people learn with Telelab. The purpose is to use your information to improve the product.
If you are a student participating in our research, you are additionally protected by an Institutional Review Board (IRB) currently overseen by Solutions IRB, which ensures the compliance of such research studies with ethic principles and other regulations.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address listed at the end of this page:
- See what data we have about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we have about you;
- Have us delete any data we have about you;
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take every precaution to protect your information. Your personal data is stored in a secure database. Your true identity does not show up in Telelab (unless you choose to disclose it). If you need to be identified as a contributor to the Telelab community, we encourage you to use a display name as your online identity in Telelab instead of your real name. The display name can be set in your Account Settings.
This policy may change from time to time and all updates will be posted on this page.