Job Opening: Entry-Level Full Stack Software Engineer
$70,000 - $80,000 a year, plus an excellent and comprehensive package of benefits (including generous employer retirement contributions)
The Institute for Future Intelligence is a new 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in June, 2020 in Natick, Massachusetts. Our overarching mission is to search educational solutions in the era of artificial intelligence. We believe that a significant part of education would need to be revamped for future generations to adapt to the serious challenges posed by widespread use of artificial intelligence and embrace the great opportunities brought by it. Our goal is to become a leading institution of research and development that focuses on reimagining the relationship between human and machine and getting ready for its profound impacts on society.
We are seeking an entry-level full stack software developer to join a growing team to build innovative technological solutions for scientific research, engineering design, and STEM education. A successful candidate will be an individual who has basic knowledge and experience in full stack technologies, takes pride and ownership in his/her work, and demonstrates strong passion for exploring and learning new things. This position is funded for multiple years by several federal grants from the National Science Foundation to the Institute for Future Intelligence. Candidates must demonstrate ability to quickly learn Android/iOS/Web app development, cloud development, cyber-physical systems, and artificial intelligence. A solid foundation of mathematics, science, and engineering skills is also essential for this position. At this point, we are considering only local candidates or those who can relocate to Massachusetts in the near future.
Who you are
- Dedicated to changing the world with innovative technologies
- Meticulous about creating high-quality software at all levels
- Interested in science, engineering, computation, and education
- Excellent at communicating technical ideas to non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable working in a team with members who have diverse backgrounds
What you will do
- Develop Web-based, IoT-based, and cloud-based software solutions that serve students and teachers in distance learning
- Develop science and engineering software that support scientific research and engineering design with the assistance of AI
- Collaborate with researchers and educators to create and improve products based on their feedback to meet release deadlines
What skills you should have
You are expected to have some combination of the following skills and qualifications:
- Java/Kotlin for Android or Swift for iOS for creating mobile apps
- Backend frameworks such as Express.js or Flask for Python
- Cloud APIs such as the Google Cloud Platform
- Web frameworks such as React.js, Angular.js and Vue.js for creating Web apps and three.js for creating 3D interactives
- Relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL, as well as document databases such as MongoDB and Firebase
- Physical computing with Raspberry Pi or Arduino
- IDEs such as Android Studio and WebStorm
- Ability to solve science and engineering problems with math
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related fields
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Our equal employment opportunity policy
The Institute for Future Intelligence provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.